This section is: Web.
The following links lead to articles
about web design, web development and related issues. The articles were written by a range of authors and published on a variety of websites. You might find
them helpful in understanding what can be a confusing subject.
It'd be nice to say all of these articles were written by
experts — but web design is so subjective in nature that it's doubtful anyone can claim to be an expert on it. For the most
part, there seems to be no single correct way of doing anything
when it comes to creating websites. There are alternative methods
for most tasks, and they all have their advocates. The best
we can hope for is to find the "most correct" solution. You
should be wary, then, of anyone who speaks in absolutes on this
subject, or who purports to quote facts.
Of course, that's only an opinion.
All of the articles open in new windows or new tabs; they're all
located on other websites; and they're all the property of their
us know if you find a link that doesn't work.
- Learn Wordpress — "Whether you want to be a WordPress.com pro or just need to get the hang of the basics, you've come to the right place," says this long-overdue guide.
- The Wordpress Codex — The official source for Wordpress instructions, probably more in-depth than most users will need.
- Google Analytics — This free service makes traditional website counters obsolete; it is the method of traffic counting currently recommended by Savvy Web Design.
- Opentracker.net — General
explanation of the different methods of counting traffic,
skewed somewhat by the fact the site is trying to sell a particular
Computer and internet jargon explained
Smart Online — The Australian Government offers
advice on internet security including articles on securing
your computer, safe online shopping & banking, and so
- Fight Spam! Click Here! — Spam Poison, a clever anti-spam technology.
Top of page ^
WEB DESIGN | WEBSITE PORTFOLIO | DOMAINS & HOSTING | WEB FAQ | FURTHER READING
HOME | WEB | PRINT | ILLUSTRATION | TEXT | ABOUT | CONTACT